TNT is currently looking for a Body Shop and Paint Technician in our Cincinnati, OH location. Our continued growth is fueling the search for new team members. Looking for both full-time and part-time candidates. Generally, a full-time schedule consists of Monday-Friday 8:00 am -4:30 pm, (or as needed to meet production goals). Flexible schedule, including weekends available.
TNT’s ideal candidate is energetic, fun, exhibits a positive attitude, dependable, trustworthy, always looking for ways to better a process, is relationship-focused, and demonstrates they can troubleshoot issues on demand.
TNT’s desire is to hire a level 3 technician that can do both paint and body work on our customers’ units. As a Commercial Vehicle Paint & Body Technician, this person will make cosmetic repairs to various vehicles & equipment. This position is responsible to plan and execute repairs and painting jobs relating to a variety of equipment (cars, trucks, buses, etc.) from the prep-work stage to the completed stage.
Other Body Shop/Paint Technician Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of surface, spray gun operations & related equipment, paint mixing, matching & applying, solving paint problems during the application process, understanding of finish defects, cause, and cures.
- The applicant will need to demonstrate the knowledge & understanding of fiberglass/fabrication, as well as safety precautions
- Will perform specialty painting techniques and have some collision repair capabilities.
- Responsible for the quality of the workmanship.
Body Shop/Paint Technician Requirements:
- understanding and knowledge of Preparation of the surface, body filler, fiberglass & collision repair
- Demonstrate good housekeeping habits
- 2+ years experience
- Software experience necessary (Axalta software a plus)
- I-Car (a plus, not required)
- Valid driver’s license
- Have own basic body technician tools (DA Sander, grinder, basic hand tools, sockets, wrenches, impact gun to name a few)
- Work is physical and endurance-based with prolonged and repeated: lifting (up to 50lbs) bending, twisting, standing, climbing, crawling, reaching, lifting, pulling, pushing, and crouching
- Competitive Salary up to $27-$35 per hour based on experience as per listed depending on the level of experience:
- Level 1 Surface prep work only, new infield little to no paint/collision experience, up to $17 based on experience
- Level 2 Surface prep work experience, plus either paint/collision experience but not both, up to $27 based on experience
- Level 3 Effectively demonstrates all traits/skills set for both paint and collision, up to $35 based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits: Health Insurance, Voluntary Dental, Vision and Short-Term Disability plans
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid vacation and holiday pay
- 401(k) Plan
- SIGN-ON BONUS up to $1,500 based on level (for level 1- $300, level 2- $1,000, level 3- $1,500 paid out in equal increments over at the 30th day/60th day & 90th day. Example for Level 2-1k sign-on would pay out $333.33, 30th day/60th day & 90th)
|Job Category||Cincinnati and Dayton Events|